Me,Myself and I

My photo
Aberdare, South Wales, United Kingdom
I am a seeker of the truth. Honesty & Integrity are very important to me. I am a student of life who Loves to learn from Life and friends. I live by a system of values and honorable principles. I am a harmony seeking idealist. I am keen to understand others,and what makes them tick.I seek ways to improve my mental ability.

Friday 17 March 2017

The path to Wisdom

The Path to Wisdom

                                            Part two



The beginning of wisdom is experience.

Knowledge is the act of knowing,
Wisdom is the Act of Being.


“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” ~Aristotle


Tryon Edwards

We cannot always predict the future: but we can experience, and learn from, the present.




Quote by Rachel Carson


I sincerely believe that for the child, and for the parent seeking to guide him, it is not half so important to know as to feel. If facts are the seeds that later produce knowledge and wisdom, then the emotions and the impressions of the senses are the fertile soil in which the seeds must grow. The years of early childhood are the time to prepare the soil. Once the emotions have been aroused -- a sense of the beautiful, the excitement of the new and the unknown, a feeling of sympathy, pity, admiration or love -- then we wish for knowledge about the subject of our emotional response. Once found, it has lasting meaning. It is more important to pave the way for the child to want to know than to put him on a diet of facts he is not ready to assimilate.


Tryon Edwards



Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
Thomas Jefferson



Living a life of honest and integrity,humility,courtesy,charity will Put you on the right path towards wisdom

Julie Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment