Me,Myself and I

My photo
Aberdare, South Wales, United Kingdom
I am a seeker of the truth. Honesty & Integrity are very important to me. I am a student of life who Loves to learn from Life and friends. I live by a system of values and honorable principles. I am a harmony seeking idealist. I am keen to understand others,and what makes them tick.I seek ways to improve my mental ability.

Thursday 29 October 2009

Children grow up so fast!

I hope my children look back on today and see parents who had time to play.


Dusting and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow
for babies grow fast  we learn to our sorrow.
There will be years for cleaning and cooking
but children grow up when we are not looking.
So settle down cobwebs and dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Due to technology, Television, internet, game consoles, Our children are exposed to much adult information. They are no longer kept pure and simple. Should they be exposed to all this at such a young age? 'The truth is rarely pure, and never simple'. says Oscar Wilde. I dont believe children having all this knowledge know what to do with it. Children are not mature enough to deal with the world's problems

Childhood is a valuable time in a person's life and should be retained for as long as possible. Even at 18 or still living under their parents roof they should be regularly reminded they are a child and must accept all their parents rules and regulations, and of course discipline. They need to be protected from the nasty things in this world and not be exposed to any of it, not even on TV.

Being made aware makes them more curious. And this notion is absurd. Children are taking drugs and having sex as young as ten. How can a child give birth to another child. How can a young mother fulfill all the needs of a baby if she hasn't developed these things herself
Don't go for the easy life and think you can leave them watching TV. make sure they have good examples around them.

Take responsibility. If your child has bad behaviour, don't blame them. You need to be a better parent.

Quote:Good kids are like sunsets. We take them for granted. Every evening they disappear. Most parents never imagine how hard they try to please us, and how miserable they feel when they think they have failed.”

But this applies to parents too. We try very hard to be good parents and it can be very hard for us to please our children all the time, while we try to guide them and teach them the right way to live their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment